To increase community involvement, satisfaction, and unity. To raise funds that support supplemental faculty compensation and to enable special projects and special events to add to the Bixby experience for our children, faculty, and parents.
- Bixby values its community- the more we come together, the better the experience for students, families, and faculty.
- Our excellent faculty-to-student ratio means our tuition dollars do not always cover everything.
- We LOVE Bixby faculty and want to support them in every way we can.
- We want to offer fun and inspiring events that help everyone connect to our special Bixby community.
Who We Are
All faculty, parents/guardians, and children are members of the BCB. Active members plan, lead, and organize fundraising and community-building events throughout the school year for Bixby. Members share ideas and energy to make these events a success. Volunteering is flexible and all abilities/schedules are appreciated!
- Bixby Bazaar, December 4th, 2023
- Bixby Handmade Holiday Market, December 11th, 2023
- Read-A-Thon starts January 5th!
- Bixby Auction, March 2nd, 2024
- Future BCB Monthly Meetings: 10/17, 11/14, 12/5, 1/9, 2/13, 3/12, 4/16, 5/14
BCB Events and Activities
This fundraiser provides families an opportunity to purchase merchandise/holiday gifts featuring their children’s artwork. Lisa (K teacher), Izabela (1st-2nd grade creative design teacher), Robert (3rd-5th grade creative design teacher), and preschool faculty work with kids to produce special artwork. This artwork is then sent home along with an order form so you can select which art and what items you may want to purchase. Your child’s artwork can be placed on many unique and fun items like water bottles, pillowcases, and ornaments to name just a few. These pieces are huge hits with grandparents and uncles/aunts. Bixby earns 30% of the funds raised. See: http://www.originalworks.com/
This is a lovely Bixby tradition- For a few hours on this weekday morning, the Bixby gym becomes a store where all Preschool-5th kids can buy gifts for their immediate family.
This is a FABULOUS Bixby tradition. Families and alumni families bake delicious treats (cookies, candies, bar cookies, cupcakes, or decorative treats) and make other handmade items (granola, candles, soaps, jellies, pillows, jewelry, and any other handmade items that our talented parent community wish to create) and bring everything in on the morning of the Monday sale. There is a separate student table where kids can buy slices of pizza and kid-sized treats after school.
- Aligned with Bixby’s core values, this event encourages reading!! It is up to the family’s discretion if they raise funds but everyone is encouraged to keep track of their reading. Pledges can take the form of money per page, per book or a flat donation. The read-a-thon culminates on a Wednesday in February with a pizza party during lunch.
- Bixby will also host a Book Fair in partnership with Boulder Bookstore and bring in one or more authors for a visit with our kids- virtual or in person.
This is Bixby’s hallmark event- an evening of community and fun! It is a wonderful night to celebrate Bixby and enjoy our amazing community.
The Faculty Appreciation Luncheon is made to celebrate our Bixby faculty and give them a taste of the love they give our students daily. This is a chance to directly show our faculty how much we appreciate all they do all year.
We want to offer lectures to inform and inspire our parents as well as the larger community.
Raise money for Bixby as you do your regular shopping at King Soopers, Lucky’s Market, Grandrabbit’s Toy Shoppe, Minted, and AmazonSmile. To receive information about any of these opportunities or to get a new card, please contact us at email@example.com.
We support student editors and parent volunteers in putting together a gorgeous K-5 yearbook each year. If you have any photos you’ve taken this year, please send them to our lead yearbook teacher, Sarah, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walk to School Day, 10/04
- Game Night- 3 times a year- TBD
- Lights of December Parade- TBD
- New Parent Tea- 9/7